Re: Partial installation of a package

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 12:42:05PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Michael Sobolev wrote:
> > Hmm..  I got completely confused.  What was in this case?  As you said, it
> > was discussed, and I'd like to check what was discussed.
>
> I think I discussed it with one or people, but in person, not electronically.
Hmm...  So could you please tell what that idea was about? :)

I have a very simple idea: instead of just data.tar.gz there should be a set
of files called:

    data.tar.gz -- main data of the package (something that must be installed
    whenever we install this package)

    data.part-name.tar.gz   -- an optional part of the package

All `part-name' are to be listed in control file.

Is it a feasible idea?

--
Mike