doc-base and examples?

Hi,

I was wondering if one should be able to register examples (as source
code) with doc-base?

I.e. I was packaging a python package with sphinx documentation and
have:

/usr/share/doc/<package>-doc/html  (contains all the html source)
/usr/share/doc/<package>-doc/examples (contains .py example files)

But I don't think Format: Text is appropriate, as that seems more to
indicate different versions of the documentation.

Diane