Rewording "Debian Tutorial" section in user-manuals.wml

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 08:28:39AM +0100, Helen Faulkner wrote:
> Philip Charles wrote:

> >>I suggest:
> >>
> >>  This manual is for new Linux users, to help such users get acquainted
> >>  with Linux once they have installed it; or for a new Linux user on a
> >>  system which someone else is administering.
> >
> >Or:
> >This manual is for people new to Linux, to help such novices get
> >acquainted with their installation; or for Linux novices on a system
> >administered by someone else.
>
> I personally think the first suggestion (Martin's) is better, but either
> is fine, really.  It's a matter of taste.

Ok folks. This is the section joy wrote.

I can change above text to the first suggestion
if few other DDs second this proposal by signed mail.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Anyone???

NB: Please note this section may be deleted soon since this tutorial
is "stalled; incomplete; probably obsoleted".

---- note by osamu for the change discussed -----

-     This manual is for a new Linux user, to help such a user get acquainted
+     This manual is for a new Linux users, to help such users get acquainted
                                         ^              ^^^^^^
-     with Linux once he has installed it, or for a new Linux user on a system
+     with Linux once they have installed it, or for a new Linux user on a system
                      ^^^^^^^^^
     which someone else is administering.

I understood these 3 sections are the changes requested.  OK?

I am not too much into word policing especially when many western
languages tend to have non-neutral expressions (English is  one thing
but think French, German, Italian, Spanish, ... which has more
complicated gender things) sometimes.[*]  But I understand this is less
provocative.

Also let me say that I do not want to make this precedent nor future
promise to do all the word policing.  If any one of the proponents are
serious about "improving Debian", please send us well thought "diff -u"
of SGML.  These word policing complains without content improvement
seems less productive.  Please understand our bandwidth limitation to
follow up these non-core issues for Debian although we tried not to
offend any parties.

Osamu

[*] "they" may still be translated male-plural-form in some languages :-)