Re: Deprecation of /etc/alternatives? (Re: Reaction to potential PGP schism)

Hi,

On 12/28/23 04:28, Luca Boccassi wrote:

if you want to activate a new alternative, you have to download a new
package that provides it anyway, so there's no difference. Subsequent
switches will use the cached package, and if you have issues
downloading a 3 kilobytes metapackage then just ensure the cache is
never cleared.

More metapackages will make transitions harder though, I believe we want to avoid that.

   Simon