Re: Bits from the Release Team: Cambridge sprint update

El 17/12/23 a las 22:40, Steven Robbins escribió:
On Saturday, December 16, 2023 12:23:46 P.M. CST Paul Gevers wrote:

Another topic we covered is the volume and purpose of our mail list
(debian-devel@lists.debian.org). We recognize that that list mostly just
mirrors BTS traffic. The BTS already archives all information, and there are
multiple ways anyone can subscribe to the Release Team bugs, so this
mirroring seems unnecessary. More importantly it inhibits the list from
being a more useful discussion channel that we like it to be. Hence, we'll
try to work with the BTS maintainers to direct the traffic away

Does that mean ceasing the "ITP" messages in debian-devel?
I'd certainly welcome that!

I think he really meant debian-release, as this was "Bits from
the Release Team" and he was talking about "Release Team bugs",
but yes, we have the same problem here in -devel, so IMHO splitting
this list would also make sense.

Thanks.