Re: /usr/-only image

Luca Boccassi <luca.boccassi@gmail.com> writes:

> Perhaps 'modifications' was the wrong term, I meant the whole system
> that handles the configuration. Correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK that
> is all Debian-specific. Arch, Fedora and Suse do not have this issue.

Speaking as the author of several PAM modules, Debian's PAM configuration
system is also vastly superior to that of Arch, Fedora, and SuSE, which
require that I as upstream provide complicated and tedious installation
documentation for how people can configure my modules.  It's a stark
contrast with Debian, where I can just ship a configuration file and have
everything happen automatically and correctly despite requiring some quite
complex PAM syntax.