Re: Developer Workload and Sustainability

Hello,

On Wed 28 Jun 2023 at 06:17PM +01, Luca Boccassi wrote:

> Let's look at some community numbers for two init system projects in
> question, we like to look at hard data after all, don't we. To spicy
> it up, without mentioning which is which:
>
> $ git shortlog -s | cut -c8- | wc -l
> 2318
>
> $ git shortlog -s | cut -c8- | wc -l
> 7
>
> Just from this alone, it certainly seems true that one of those is a
> project that "fails as a community project" and that is "not
> hospitable to community building efforts". Anyone want to guess which
> is which?

It's understandable that you'd feel frustrated by what seems like a
misrepresentation of your project's organisation and ethos, but please
try to avoid this sort of rhetoric.

You can just as well present the git statistics without hiding the
author's names for rhetorical effect, or asking rhetorical questions,
and it would keep the temperature of the discussion lower.

--
Sean Whitton