Re: i386 in the future (was Re: 64-bit time_t transition for 32-bit archs: a proposal)

On Wed, May 31, 2023 at 12:51:06AM +0200, Diederik de Haas wrote:

> I would be VERY disappointed if Debian would abandon people who do NOT have
> the means to just buy new equipment whenever they feel like it.

Debian is a Do-ocracy.  Which is to say, it's a volunteer project.
People work on what they feel like working on.  Trying to guilt-trip
people into working on something because they *should* often doesn't
work well.

If you'd like to make sure that i386 isn't abandoned, why don't you
roll up your sleeves, step forward, and volunteer to help?

Cheers,

					- Ted