Re: BITS from the DPL For September/October 2019

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> schrieb:
> "I’d very happily maintain the init script."
>
> I haven't read all the bug entry, but if someone is claiming that
> accepting such contribution is mandatory, then that's very much right,
> at least that the consensus we're in right now, indeed.

This isn't limited to just shipping an init script, have a look at the
tomcat9 9.0.13-1 changelog entry which dropped the sysvinit script.
Continuing to support an init script also means to retain on all the
packaging boilerplate which got obsoleted by systemd config declaratives,
forcing the least common denominator of init system features.

Cheers,
        Moritz