Re: usrmerge -- plan B?

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 04:21:42PM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
How many long-running production systems do you think people have run usrmerge on? I'd guess close to zero, since there is no advantage whatsoever to doing so. I'd also expect those to be the systems most likely to have issues.

Long-running production systems would presumably be running Stable. We
need testing or unstable systems to try usrmerge. I don't think even
reporting on the success of usrmerge on current-Stable¹ would be
necessarily useful.

My gut feeling is we should do this transition; and we should not target
our next release but the one after.

¹ I can't remember our own code names any more.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland