Re: Updating the policy for conflicting binaries names ? [was: Re: Re: New package netgen-lvs with binary /usr/bin/netgen - already taken]

On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 08:18:10PM +0200, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
For example, in the Rust team, we have been discussing about packaging fd (a find alternative developed using rust [1]).
We are planning to install it in /usr/bin/fd .. but this conflicts with something completely different, fdclone a clone
of fd, a MS-DOS file browser...

I think it's fairly idiotic to try to claim "fd" as a binary name in 2018.
Mike Stone