Re: changelog practice, unfinalised vs UNRELEASED vs ~version

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 06:34:26PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> But the
> UNRELEASED/'dch -r' thing pisses me off on a daily basis, and this
> seemed like the time to point out that some of us don't find it all
> helpful. From that POV, moving it from suite to version would
> definitely be less annoying.
>
> I suppose I should file a wishlist bug about dch's annoying
> 'UNRELEASED' behaviour, and lack of a workaround.

$ echo 'DEBCHANGE_RELEASE_HEURISTIC=log' >> ~/.devscripts

Now dch won't use UNRELEASED and will simply look for a log of an upload
in the parent directory to determine whether the version is released or
not.  The suite will be set to whatever is deemed appropriate based on
the previous changelog entry or the -D switch, instead of using
UNRELEASED.

Cheers,
--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/91BF BF4D 6956 BD5D F7B7  2D23 DFE6 91AE 331B A3DB