Re: A new tool for backward compatibility analysis of API/ABI interfaces in Deb packages

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 11:00 PM, Ponomarenko Andrey wrote:

> I'd like to present a new free tool for maintainers of software libraries — Package ABI Diff Tool (Pkg-ABIdiff). It's a tool for backward compatibility analysis of API/ABI interfaces in Deb packages. The tool is based on ABI Compliance Checker and ABI Dumper tools.

Does this have any advantages over abipkgdiff from the abigail-tools
Debian package already in Debian?

BTW, I think it would be really interesting to run
pkg-abidiff/abipkgdiff over the whole Debian archive and possibly use
that to inform the release team of uncaught ABI changes.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise