Re: How to select an interpretor version?

Geert Stappers, you have misunderstood my problem.

I want to support ALL interpreters available in Debian (Perl, Python, Ruby,
Java, etc.)

I need to make supporting all interpreters and all their versions
manageable. My question is how to support it all, specifically when a user
explicitly specifies a version range.

Input:

- name of programming language

- the range of versions of the programming language

- the location of a script in this language

Output:

- the command line to run the script

Note that if several version match, I'd prefer to use the latest matching
version.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org