Re: [Fwd: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian]

On Sun, 3 Jan 2016 16:08:53 +0100, Iustin Pop <iustin@debian.org>
wrote:
>Wow, here I was thinking this would be some informed oppinion, but:
>
>"Oh, there are tools with which you can periscope into
>initramfs, but have you ever really looked at everything in an
>initramfs."
>
>Wait, what? Yes, I have many times unpacked the simple cpio archive that
>an iniramfs is, and I have looked at its entire contents. It's not black
>magic.

I fully agree. Initramfs is not quite easy to understand, but it is
possible to understand, it is easy to debug, and I have been able in
the past to find the root cause for any initramfs issues I had in the
past.

Greetings
Marc