Re: Linux kernels v3.18.x and v4.2.x in sid

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 3:39 AM, Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 01:02:09AM +0200, Dmitry Katsubo wrote:
>> Thanks, James! I tried to search for "linux-image" but it finds only
>> kernels from squeeze and wheezy repos:
>>
>> > https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=linux-image
> The page says "Your keyword was too generic, for optimizing reasons some
> results might have been suppressed.
> Please consider using a longer keyword or more keywords."
> You'll need to limit your searches to a suite or just use apt-cache
> assuming you actually have a system in question installed.

I am not the OP but want to offer two suggestions.
1) In cases like this where the number of hits are large, show results
from current stable version onwards. That is instead of presenting
results from squeeze, wheezy etc., why not do it for current stable,
testing, unstable etc.,?
2) Change the color of warning banner from yellow to red or something
which makes the warning more obvious. I think putting something under
yellow makes it easy to skip.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog