Re: Having fun with the following C code (UB)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Mathieu Malaterre <malat@debian.org>, 2014-03-27, 13:06:
> >I preferred not to mass bug everyone out there and instead:
> >
> >http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=742780
>
> But many packages don't regenerate autofoo at build-time. :-(
>
> >LFS is still a release goal, not a requirement.
>
> Then "severity: grave" is probably overkill. :-P

No, it is not.  I can cause data loss or corruption when operating with
large files, and it is aggravated by the fact that the application used to
work in LFS mode just fine on Wheezy, but it is now broken.

LFS has been a release goal for a LONG time, which means we have fixed a LOT
of packages to have LFS for at least two stable releases already and
therefore regressions on LFS support *are* an issue.

Also, autotooling at build time (i.e. regenerating the autofoo) is our
recommended best practice, exactly so that we can actually have a shot at
fixing this kind of crap...

IMO, this is very much a "grave" bug.

  Henrique Holschuh