Re: @debian.org email forwarding and SPF

Op do 01-07-2004, om 20:19 schreef Matthew Palmer:
> throwing his shit out through open proxies and zombies.  So unless you're
> going to refuse all mail that doesn't verify OK with SPF, you're not going
> to stop any spam at all.

At the moment, that indeed isn't possible. However, if SPF use would
continue to increase, we would eventually get at a point where such
behaviour would be acceptable. Once we reach that point, SPF could help
stop spam (but that's indeed a long shot from now).

For the time being, it's fair to say that SPF helps "protect your
digital identity", whatever that means -- even if I've already seen some
spam that invalidly sent mail from a domain which did publish SPF
data...

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks