Re: Mass bug filing: Cryptographic protection against modification

I suppose one of the more interesting responses to a troll (the initial
poster) is to sneak and turn it into a real discussion ...

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 02:34:24PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

> Such devices exist.

Gaming consoles commonly do: I believe the Xbox does this for all software,
and the Dreamcast does something like it for at least part of the bootloader
(though not cryptographally-based, I think), to prevent removing the initial
animation and sound.

--
Glenn Maynard