Re: cfgtool 1.0 -- alea iacta est

Miquel van Smoorenburg:
> I'd like to source the file directly in a shell script, or parse it
> with a perl script, or whatever.

You shall not do that. Fairlure to avoid doing so is punishable
by SIGKILL.  Sorry. It restricts things too much. For example:
I may some day support "inheritance", so that cfgtool reads
/foo/etc/cfgtool.d in addition to /etc/cfgtool.d. This would
allow us to share all configuration from an NFS server, but
still customize some things for each host. I don't know if
this is a good idea, but unless the only interface is the
cfgtool program, we can't even try it.

I know it's kind of silly to run a program for each configuration
variable, but hopefully no-one needs many variables for one
script.