Bug#933: Pine wants to post my email reply, and other problems

On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, Richard Kettlewell wrote:

<lots of stuff deleted>

> >>In any case, bugs are bugs independently of who reports them.
> >>
> >That was certainly not the point I was trying to make,
>
> Then I don't understand the point you were trying to make.  I'm sorry.

Ok, I've had a good night sleep so lets see if I can make this clear.

1. This thread is titled "Pine wants to post my email". The complaint is:
when replying to email pine asks if I want to post my reply to the news
group. This should not happen.

the field of this product. The most current point has been that pine
should install with a default NNTP server defined. I agree that this is
probably a good thing, if for no other reason than symmetry with the SMTP
server configuration. But this is not the answer to the bug report, and,
as I have pointed out on several occasions, it seems counter to the
concept of the bug in the first place. If it is inappropriate for pine to
send news, then what is the point of configuring an NNTP server? I don't
see how you can have it both ways!

3. My major complaint from the beginning of this discussion has been that
this bug report (and the others that have creeped into this discussion.
Note the inclusion of MIME encoding from yet another bug report) violates
the single issue requirement of a bug report. You only need to read back
through the thread on THIS bug to see the confusion that sets in from the
very start.

My suggested solution to these problems is to mark this bug done after
the release of the ELF version of Pine, with the understanding that some
aspects of this bug may be reported again in the future. I have tried to
make it clear that I will only work on bug reports that follow the
reporting guidelines and that all others will be closed per this
requirement.

I would also request that further discussion on this thread end, for now,
so I can focus on getting several packages out for 1.1

Thanks for your time,

Dwarf