Re: re:Need information for new developers...

brian white writes ("re:Need information for new developers... "):
> Packages-Master only includes packages that have been released, not those
> in initial development.

IME packages either don't stay in initial development very long, or
don't happen at all.

> Packages-Master is also incomplete.  It has no information about the
> debian-1.0 tree (which is why 'dftp' lacks descriptions for all those
> packages).  I have asked Ian to fix this, but either he is still
> behind in his mail or has decided not to.

Have you now received my reply (namely, that you should use the
individual Packages files in the appropriate hierarchies, and that you
should definitely not scour the whole FTP site for things to install)
?

Ian.