Re: Sample Godot game packaging

Hi,

On 09/02/2021 15:51, Peter Pentchev wrote:
On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 02:01:29PM +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
https://salsa.debian.org/games-team/dodge-the-creeps

Hm, if it looks like there may be many (as in more than three) Godot
games packaged for the Debian archive, and if they will always require
the same command(s) to be executed, the same files to be installed, and
the same directories to be cleaned, maybe it would make sense to create
a debhelper add-on for that?

I believe it is a bit too soon for this. Currently we only have this one outrageously simple Godot package which is probably not representative. I'm thinking of [1] and non-standard assets builds.

[1] https://docs.godotengine.org/en/stable/development/cpp/custom_modules_in_cpp.html

I would wait until we get a couple non-trivial games and consider integration with dh_auto_make/dh_auto_install/etc. (Similarly Ren'Py is packaged but we have yet to get a single independent packaged game for it :/)

  seem to me that the "build" phase should be separate from the "install"
  phase as a matter of principle
Thanks for pointing this out (this was also reported to me off-list).

I reworked the packaging a bit to clarify the build and install phases.
This may even be simpler/clearer now :)

Cheers!
Sylvain