Re: supertuxkart in buster-backports

Hi Micha,

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 11:31:40PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 26.11.2020, 16:38 +0100 schrieb Micha Lenk:
> > Am 20.11.20 um 19:11 schrieb Phil Morrell:
> > > I've been maintaining an unofficial backport for a while and would like
> > > to make it official, especially to make network multiplayer available to
> > > buster users. It builds and works locally for me, so I've uploaded it to
> > > mentors, however there are some issues I'd like some feedback on.
> > >
> > > https://mentors.debian.net/package/supertuxkart/
> > > [...]
> >
> > I've reviewed your changes, and I think they're fine for upload. Before
> > I do so, I noticed the GPG key you were using is already present in the
> > Debian Maintainers Keyring. So, I'd like to ask the Debian Games Team
> > (package maintainer) or Reiner (previous uploader), whether they
> > considered granting DM-Upload privileges for that package to Phil. That
> > would enable him to do the upload himself. What do you think?

Thank you for the review, I'm glad you're happy that none of the issues
were blockers. I'll look into fixing some of the lintian reports in git.
Please can you sponsor the upload as-is, since it'll need to go via NEW?

> Thanks for reviewing the package, and thanks to Phil for preparing the upload.
> I agree a buster backport of supertuxkart would be nice and I have granted Phil
> upload permissions a few minutes ago. Please go ahead Phil.

Thank you for that Markus, I have raised an RT ticket (#8477) to be
added to the backports DM list.
--
Phil Morrell (emorrp1)