Re: bullet - 3D Game Multiphysics Library

2011/3/2 Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>:
> 2011/3/3 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>:
>
>> (I am not subscribed to the list)
>
> Sorry, CCing you this time. I am subscribed though.
>
>> I really somebody does try and do it. My small brain tells me if
>> nothing else it would make games easier to get into debian (one less
>> thing the DD or DM or take care of) and perhaps games would be better
>> maintained.
>
> I would suggest that you might want to consider learning about Debian
> packaging, libraries and helping out the games team. We have had some
> packaging for bullet in our SVN repository but no-one had the time to
> finish it off and commit to maintaining it.

Shirish,

I can help check over your work and eventually sponsor it if your are
interested in maintaining the package.

Another popular game physics library that just went ZLIP a few days
ago is "newton-dynamics", if you're interested [1,2]. And has been
used in lots of games and science projects [3] (some of which could
also be useful).

Bullet and Newton could be good additions if you're interested in
working on them.

Regards,
Scott

[1] http://newtondynamics.com/forum/newton.php