Re: debconf, debcamp and webbased goplay

2008/3/18, ivucica@gmail.com <ivucica@gmail.com>:
> On 3/18/08, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>
>  > At some point I'd like to discuss distro-wide standards for keyboard
>  > shortcuts; simple stuff like pause, quit, fullscreen and so on.
>

> Woah, woah, woah!
>
>  Are you proposing patching upstream sources so all games use same
>  keyboard controls for "simple stuff"? I think that would go a bit TOO
>  DEEP with messing  with the sources. Filesystem-related patching?
>  Great! Security patches? Ditto! But messing up with controls? Sorry,
>  that should be upstream's domain only.

I think otherwise. I find it a great idea. It just needs to be
carefully designed and implemented so that possible conflicts can be
handled. Most upstream developers are usually very collaborative and
open to new ideas, anyway.

I'd also go for some standardization of config parameters, like some
way of telling the games "open fullscreen/windowed whenever you can",
"Start game in silent mode by default" and things like that.

Greetings,
Miry