Re: Headers in resent messages

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Oleg Verych wrote:
> One thing i've noticed, that posts to the same bug report can be not
> threaded (in MUA's sense). That is where somebody is replying to
> other messages in report, not necessarily last. But they all are one
> thread in bug report anyway, thus adding resent-message-id(s) (from
> last, and possibly previous to last) to the references field of
> another resent to ML message, will thread them.

Munging the In-Reply-To: and References: headers in debbugs is really
not a good idea. That's something for the MUAs that people are using
to do properly. Fixing the mailto URLs as requested in #412815 will
help people using the web frontend do this correctly as well.

> And this can ease following of particular report, without need of
> subscribing to bug report. Just score (not mark as read) last (or
> two) messages and you will have thread to check on top of all the
> noise, when you will check that (gmane) news group next time.

I'm not really sure what you're asking for here; you can easily
separate out the responses by bug or by almost any other metric to
make report reading more organized.

Don Armstrong

--
For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing
continued to happen.