Re: crack-attack

>> Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org> writes:

 > On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Oohara Yuuma wrote:
 >
 > > According to logcheck, installing crack-attack is a system attack.

 LOL!

 That one caused some noise in our group, too.  It went like this: I saw
 the new crack-attack package in Debian, downloaded it and became
 addicted.  A few days later I downloaded and installed the program on
 our group's workstations and showed it to someone during the lunch
 break.  I went to his office, started the program and played a round.
 As it turned out, he didn't either care about crack-attack nor liked it
 (*gasp!*).  The next day I stayed pretty late at the office and went to
 bed at 3 in the morning or so, that is, I came to the office arround
 noon.  I check my email and I find a note from one of our
 administrators stating that at least two accounts had been cracked
 apparently two days ago, and those were, yes, you guessed it: mine and
 the one of the person whom I had showed crack-attack to.  Even funnier:
 this person had performed a "security" scan on his account and had
 found this highly suspicious files in his home directory:
 ~/.crack-attack/garbage_flavor_00!.tga for example.

 That one made me giggle :)

--
Marcelo             | Carrot was two metres tall but he'd been brought up as
mmagallo@debian.org | a dwarf, and then further up as a human.