Re: OT: Philosophical, religious and moral implications

On Friday 02 November 2001 18:17, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:
> > Hm. Never thought about that. Telling mankind what's good and what's bad
> > is an interesting job, however how do you want to know about that when
> > you have to follow celibacy? *g*
>
> Hmpf.  Historically, not all popes have been celibate (they're elected from
> the ranks of the cardinals, and I don't think cardinals have to be
> priests), so you're probably safe... ;-)

True -- however, part of the Pope's portfolio is being Bishop of Rome, which
requires celibacy and holy orders. Still, the Borgias managed it, and several
Renaissance BRs had nice colourful lives.

--
Tiarnán Ó Corráin       <ocorrain@esatclear.ie/ocorrain@yahoo.com>
Q:      How many supply-siders does it take to change a light bulb?