Question about Multi-Arch specifier on Arch: all packages

Dear Cross Team,

I observed a strange dependency issue between the following packages:
The efibootguard package depends on python3-shtab and uses Build-
Depends: python3-shtab:native to have cross compilation support.

However, I recently added the Multi-Arch: foreign tag in python3-shtab
[1], which broke the efibootguard package (as this depends python3-
shtab:native) and this dependency could not be resolved anymore.

Now I'm wondering if Multi-Arch specifiers should be set at all on
Architecture: all packages. I also don't understand why this broke the
dependency chain, as my under standing of the Multi-Arch: foreign is
based on this statement:

> The package is not co-installable and should be allowed to satisfy
the dependencies of a package of another architecture than its own. [2]

Any advises are welcome!

Best regards,
Felix Moessbauer

[1]