PLEASE HELP

I have a position I am trying to fill in Cape Town that one of your members might be interested in:

MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for all aspects of the build, maintenance and high availability
test environment for software development within Our Client. The candidate
will also be responsible for delegated tasks within Our Client's production
environment.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Key elements of the job)
Linux server build, configuration, software installation and patching for
all Our Client's test environments
Dealing with service providers
Maintaining security levels on servers
Forming part of escalation team dealing with IS outages/problems incl. after
hours on rotation
Working with IS colleagues to develop more robust, secure Linux/ Unix
environment
Provide constructive feedback on environment upgrades to senior Technical
Management
Project manage assigned technical projects within the technical remit of
this position
Ensure that there is coherent, managed code promotion procedures in place
for code upload from UAT environment to Production.
Document all of the testing environment as outlined above
Keep abreast of current developments within the open source environment

JOB COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills and Experience)
Knowledge:
BS degree or equivalent

Skills:
Proven technical project management skills
Scripting knowledge of CGI or Perl/ Shell scripting
Working knowledge of underlying technologies (Linux, Solaris, Web-based
technologies, PKI, NT)
Relational Databases experience essential (especially MySQL)
Experience with CISCO IOS, Checkpoint, Firewall-1 and VPN-1 advantage while
not essential will be an advantage
Experience with web proxy and load balanced environments an advantage
Experience working in a multi-server web infrastructure environment
Experience with both Apache web server essential
Any skills within NT and Active Directory while not essential will be
desirable

Experience
Min 3-4 years hands-on System Administration experience in Linux environment

PERSONAL COMPETENCIES (Attributes)
Good interpersonal skills
Excellent Analytical skills
Pro-active and able to use own initiative.
Problem solving abilities
Able to manage multiple priorities within the working environment
Good time management and planning skills (can prioritize effectively)
Flexible and adaptable (cope with long term and short term changes to plans)
High degree of integrity/ trustworthiness
Professional approach to work
Work within corporate philosophy and objectives
Ability to acquire and maintain trusted status
Passion and enthusiasm for IS
Mature and structure approach to troubleshooting is required.

Salary on offer : R 280 000- to R320 000 Cost To Company (NEG)

Stefan Kruger - Managing Director
Gert Kruger and Associates
9 Wandel Street
Gardens