Re: Debian Images

On 2023-09-25 21:53:22 +0000 (+0000), Simon Ruzgar wrote:
> Hello, I recently downloaded some debian cloud images and uploaded
> it to my OpenStack environment and when I spin up instances they
> are coming up with {hostname}.novalocal instead of the FQDN
>
> I was hoping someone knew a way to fix this?

That's more of an OpenStack support question, but there are a
variety of ways to address that depending on what your desired
outcome is. For example you can configure cloud-init through user
data[0] supplied to each server create[1] call, or change the
site-wide default domain suffix provided by DHCP[2].

You might have more luck asking OpenStack support questions on the
openstack-discuss[3] mailing list, however.

[0] https://docs.openstack.org/nova/2023.1/user/metadata.html#user-data
[1] https://docs.openstack.org/python-openstackclient/2023.1/cli/command-objects/server.html#cmdoption-openstack-server-create-user-data
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/nova/2023.1/configuration/config.html#api.dhcp_domain