Re: Making the QEMU images easier to find

On 7/13/23 12:08, Emanuele Rocca wrote:
Hi,

https://lwn.net/Articles/937830/ mentions that a kernel developer could
not find arm64 virtualisation images for any distro except for openSUSE:

There are no local virtualization images for arm64 available, other
than for openSUSE Tumbleweed, that he knows of at this time; he is not
sure whether there are plans for other distributions to add them.

That's unfortunate. :\

We do have QEMU images for amd64 and arm64 available, but one needs to
know:

(1) that they're here: https://cloud.debian.org/images/cloud/bookworm/latest/

and

(2) that for QEMU/KVM you probably want the "generic" ones

They will want the "nocloud" images, but otherwise, the above is correct.

Should we add a link on https://www.debian.org/download? Any other ideas
to make them easier to find?

I'd be in favor of that. I mentioned the availability of downloadable VM images years ago on my blog, but never did anything to promote their availability further.

noah