Re: Any plans for cloud-init 18.x?

On 05/25/2018 07:12 PM, Roman wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have same question. cloud-init version 18.2 have really important
> change
> https://git.launchpad.net/cloud-init/commit/?id=133ad2cb327ad17b7b81319fac8f9f14577c04df
> Currently if DHCP server register hostname reported by machine itself in
> DNS it register default stub like 'debian.example.com'. Maybe this is a
> reason to release a new version? :)

I don't think anyone opposes to releasing a new cloud-init, the only
thing is that someone has to do the work. I just hope that someone isn't
me this time *again*, because I'm quite busy already making
puppet-openstack to work for Debian.

If someone does the work in a separate branch in the cloud-init Sasla
repository, I'll happily do the review, test with OpenStack, and upload.
Anyone volunteering?

Otherwise, I'll do that work maybe this summer if I have time (at least,
in time for Buster).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)