Re: Automatically seeding Debian torrents

On Wed, Dec 27, 2023 at 09:19:01PM -0600, ctag@sdf.org wrote:
> Hi Debian,
>
> I have a home server set up to fetch the RSS feed of another distro's ISO
> torrents for the purpose of automatically seeding them. I would like to do
> the
> same with Debian torrents, but haven't found an RSS feed and am unsure if
> there's another method I'm overlooking. I would appreciate any advice or
> direction you can point me in.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your interest. Typically, we release new torrent files with
every point release (about every 2-3 months) and the major release is
typically once every two years.

See also https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/bt-cd/

There is a torrent file per Debian architecture: realistically, only the
amd64 architecture is likely to get much use at this point. You can
probably serve just the debian-12.4 netinst image - you won't need to
serve the Mac image there and the debian-edu image is currently untested.

The 64 bit torrent for DVD may also be useful but is likely to see fewer
downloads again.

The team would be interested in how successful this is because we
don't have much visibility of torrent downloads.

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater
(amacater@debian.org)

For the Debian images team