Re: New stuff on building the cd images (bugreport for alpha and sparc)

Le Sat, May 10, 2003 at 11:45:18AM -0400, Ben Collins écrivait:
> So debian-installer will be a requirement during the testing cycle?

Well, considering we plan to use debian-installer for sarge, yes we want
to test debian-installer as much as possible and thus we're adapting
debian-cd for debian-installer.

For consistency we can't use bf one some archs and debian-installer on
the other ... so either you have images adapted to debian-installer and
we use them, or you have non-bootable images.

In any case, it's not a good idea to commit code that doesn't work and
that relies on future changes ... that's why the code for i386 download
boot images on the net (instead of using those that should be in
disks-i386).

> Makes creating CD's almost pointless if there's no bootable images
> available on them.

Right, that's why you're encouraged to help debian-installer so that
they're able to provide those images. :-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com