Re: 2.2r3 test images

On Mon 07 May, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> So sprach Philip Charles am Mon, May 07, 2001 at 12:26:07PM +0000:
> > I have just used up the last of a batch of 700 MB discs and I will not be
> > using them again.
>
> Uhm - how do you "measure" the quality of a CDR?  I'm also a small vendor,
> and use cheap (? <1,- DM (USD 0,45)) 700 MB CDR's - upto now I've not
> experienced any problem at all, and also none of my customers has
> complained about the CDRs I use.

I've found some people can't always read our CDs (written at 10-speed), but
if I burn them slower (4 speed) they sometimes can - if this happens it seems
to mean that the reading CD drive is getting a bit 'tired' - sometimes they
just can't read them at all at any speed. And I've come across CDRs that will
only write to expensive CDR media not cheap ones. These things are rare
enough that's it's not clear what is incompatible with what and as it's a
statistical measure it's hard to say how much (if at all) it depends on the
cost of the CDR media.

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679