Re: pi-makelist missing from CVS?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>  I just tried to create some test CD images after a fresh CVS update
>  of debian-cd, and it quits saying that /bin/sh cannot find
>  tools/pi-makelist.  Did someone forget to add that to the repository?

Huh? I didn't know that this had been integrated in debian-cd already ;-)

But pi-makelist and the required isoinfo are in the Pseudo-Image Kit,
Linux/UNIX version, at
  http://cdimage.debian.org/~costar/pseudo-image-kit/

Note that pi-makelist is not necessary to create the images themselves, it
merely creates .list files that list the contents of a built image. This is
used to speed up the electronic distribution of the images.
I think pi-makelist should not be done by default, but rather as a separate,
optional make target.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer