Re: dpkg-dev / squeeze

Hi,

Christoph Egger wrote:
> I'm seeing this on my notebook since upgrading dpkg-dev to unstable's
> version:
>
>  new debian package, version 2.0.
>  size 15442 bytes: control archive=1046 bytes.
> tar: .: Cannot change mode to rwxr-sr-x: Operation not permitted

Hmmm, odd.  Any idea what path it is trying to chmod?  ktrace may help.
Also what file system is this on?

For example, /dev and /proc likely don't allow changing permissions at
all.  My guess is that something tried updating permissions of /dev

What does 'squeeze' refer to (in Subject line)?

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org