Re: jessie-kfreebsd package in Uploaded, not Installed state?

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> (2015-11-10):
> > I made a source+arch:all upload of kfreebsd-10 to the jessie-kfreebsd
> > suite.  It built on the kfreebsd-amd64 and -i386 buildds, but on -amd64
> > it has stayed in Uploaded state, not Installed?  Why might that happen?
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=kfreebsd-10&suite=jessie-kfreebsd
>
> You probably uploaded a _kfreebsd-amd64.changes file for source+all, and
> that filename being already taken for your upload, the buildd can't
> reuse the same filename?

Pretty smart!  That's exactly what I did.  I often build with
`dpkg-buildpackage -g` but somehow never saw this problem before,
in sid for example.  Maybe it is only an issue in -proposed-updates.

Is it something easily fixed without doing a binNMU or uploading a
new version?  The file in the way is:
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie-kfreebsd-proposed-updates/kfreebsd-10_10.1%7Esvn274115-4+kbsd8u1_kfreebsd-amd64.changes

I guess the file is needed later for migration to -stable, so can't be
deleted, but maybe it can be renamed to *_multi.changes for example?

> > I also made uploads of anna and netcfg which had no problems:
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=anna&suite=jessie-kfreebsd
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=netcfg&suite=jessie-kfreebsd
>
> Those don't contain any arch:all packages, so you probably only uploaded
> a _source.changes file?
>
> (Too lazy to check right now; hopefully my first guess is OK…)

You were right about that too.

Thanks,
Regards,
--