Re: Immediate fallouts from the big linux changes, and actions

24.12.2023 11:16, Cyril Brulebois :
Searching for information about fuse and virtio, I finally noticed this
entry, which probably explains both fuse's “going away” and ditto for
some (but not all) virtio modules:

     * Set CONFIG_VIRTIO_FS and its dependencies to builtin, to allow building
       images that boot directly to rootfs (skipping the initrd)

as it changes:

     -CONFIG_VIRTIO_PCI=m
     +CONFIG_VIRTIO_PCI=y
     -CONFIG_FUSE_FS=m
     +CONFIG_FUSE_FS=y
     -CONFIG_VIRTIO_FS=m
     +CONFIG_VIRTIO_FS=y

Hm. This same argument can be used to include every storage- and filesystem-related
module into the kernel.  Why don't we have ahci and sd_mod built-in?  This does
look quite a bit strange to me to include this stuff..

(This commit is not about big linux changes but about small debian changes ;)

/mjt