Re: [GSoC] Reg Blends Web Sentinel

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 03:06:15PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:

> >   $ sudo mkdir -p /srv
> >   $ sudo chmod <enable write permission to you on /srv>
> >   $ cd /srv
> >   $ git clone git://git.debian.org/git/blends/website.git
> > blends.debian.org
> >
> > This will hopefully create all needed dirs with sufficient permissions.
> > The data dir is just for downloading data by the webtools and www dir
> > contains static pages.  Its sub-subdirs are the target dirs for dynamic
> > page creation.
> >

> Thanks. I followed the above instructions, and ran the command
> './bugs_udd.py debian-junior'. Now I get the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./bugs_udd.py", line 476, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "./bugs_udd.py", line 453, in main
>     print >> f, template.generate(**data).render('xhtml')
> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xed' in
> position 22128: ordinal not in range(128)
>
> Is this the unicode error that is to be fixed ?

Yes.

> How much time should the update-all script take to run ?

This depends from the machine you are using.  I have not done it on my
development machine and not measured on blends.d.o.  I would not be
astonished about 20min, perhaps more.

> Also, how about having a readme file which contains all the instructions
> for reference ?

In principle yes.  I was to lazy to do so since since a long time the
only recipient of such kind of document would have been me.  I'd
appreciate if you would write down what you did in a readme file and
commit this to the repository.  You need to create an alioth account
and either tell me your login or apply for membership in Debian Blends
team to get commit permissions.  (For sure I can also proxy a `git am`
of a patch from you for the moment.)

> Thanks alot for your guidance.

You are welcome

        Andreas.