Re: Bits from the Debian Pure Blends Team

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, Holger Levsen wrote:

http://blends.alioth.debian.org/edu/bugs/common.html states that dependend
packages have "1 critical, 2 serious, 122 important, 528 normal, 175 minor,
511 wishlist" bugs, but it does neither display or include into the metric
the number of dependent packages.

And "1 critical, 2 serious, 122 important, 528 normal, 175 minor, 511
wishlist" bugs are a lot for 2 dependent packages, but not for 100 dependent
packages. So the metric shown is not really so useful.

When I announced the bugs pages in November last year there was a
discussion on Debian Science list (well some effect of the missused
Debian custom list - we should definitely discuss this here to not
hide this from other interested Blends).  I searched the archive
and I think some discussion can be seen at

   http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2008/11/msg00038.html

and other mails in this thread.

olger, I know that the measure is not optimal but I did not found
a clever way to scale the measure according to the number of Depends.
I'm perfectly willing to implement a solution if you have a good
suggestion.  If I remember right we decided that the absulute measure
just attracts people who want to find a job to do - which is
finally the sense of the bugs pages.

Obtaining homepage and vcs is cheap.  You mean these links should be
displayed in one line behind the package name?

Yes. http://blends.alioth.debian.org/edu/ looks very empty and there is no way
to find out more about this "edu blend" :-)

Do you want me to search the archive when I gave the hint to
Debian Edu that this is *your* (as in Debian Edu maintainers,
not in you as a person) job to extend this page? ;-)

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de