Status of bazel-bootstrap packaging

Dear Maintainers,

at Debian Reunion Hamburg I had a discussion about the main blocking points in properly packaging tensorflow.
One of these was that bazel-bootstrap in Debian is very outdated.

There have been attempts by Jesse Chan (in CC) to package bazel 4.x but these have never integrated.

Having not even 4.0 packaged makes the whole attempt questionable as all bazel based projects (at least I know of) require at least bazel 4.

Maybe one of you could loose a couple of words on what is blocking us.