Re: bookworm-backports failure

On Fri, 2023-07-21 at 08:37 +0100, Phil Wyett wrote:
> I can successfully upload 'rednotebook' from 'testing' into
> 'bullseye-backports'

As a side note, my understanding is that's not a supported use of
bullseye-backports.

>From https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/ :

"
With the release of a new stable version uploading packages with
versions greater than in new stable or new stable-security are not
allowed. So if you want to upload a new package version from e.g.
bookworm to buster, use buster-backports-sloppy as the target
distribution.
"

That text needs an update with s/bookworm/trixie/ and
s/buster/bullseye/g, but I believe the policy still stands.

Regards,

Adam