Re: request to backport memtest86+

On 2022-10-31 14:02, Felix Zielcke wrote:
DMs can't upload to backports right?
Would be nice if somebody could upload the new memtest86+ v6.00 to
bullseye-backports. No changes needed.

The one in bullseye is now very old and doestn't work correctly on
modern systems.

Agreed.

The old version of memtest86+ is worse that useless. It convinced me to replace some perfectly good hardware at considerable cost, and I doubt I am the only person affected.

I think that we should remove the old version of memtest86+ from the archive so that it is not installed by mistake, or failing that patch it so that it displays message to say that it cannot be trusted on modern hardware.

--
David Pottage