black screen with kernel 4.16.16 in backports

Hi all

I just wanted to let you know that with the latest kernel in backports
(v4.16.16) my screen turns black when X11 is starting up. I have a
GeForce GTX 750 (10de:0fbc) with the proprietary NVIDIA drivers also
from backports.

After the screen turns black there is no visible reaction anymore (no vt
switching, ...). I see that even the numlock indicator on the keyboard
doesn't react any more but I can reboot the machine via "magic sysreq" keys.

This is a regression as with the previous kernel in backports (v4.16.12)
everything was working fine.

Best

Ronny