Re: Source-only uploads for jessie backports

Hi,

On 26/10/16 12:05, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I have been asked to backport gettext for jessie.
> The backport is almost ready:

> I would like to upload it in source-only form.
> Will that work?

Source only uploads do not work for jessie-backports as it has no
arch:all buildd, but uploads with arch:all but not arch:any packages
included should work.

> I tried to answer this myself but the wiki page does
> not explicitly say anything about backports:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/SourceOnlyUpload
>
> It says:
>
> "NEW uploads and uploads with NEW binaries currently cannot be source-only."
>
> How is such rule exactly applied for backports? The first time a
> backport is uploaded for jessie-backports is considered a NEW upload?

As far as I know, source only uploads to NEW are not allowed anywhere
(including backports-new). Any package which is not in jessie-backports
yet is NEW.

James