Re: Script for automatically backporting

Op 09-12-11 21:20, Thomas Goirand schreef:
> On 12/09/2011 10:32 PM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> I use sudo to give the normal user the right to use apt-get as root (see
>> the script). This has some security aspects. I expect it can be done
>> easily more secure then I do here, e.g. with a password in sudo, or by
>> using a special user for backporting.
>
> Why not using pbuilder / cowbuilder /
> $chroot-of-any-flavor-that-you-like, instead of installing  on the host
> filesystem with sudo?

I think you are right, that would be better. But not sure I have the
time to rewrite the script. I am using now myself "PASSWD" in stead of
"NOPASSWD" in sudo, this works fine, but it asks for the password of the
user of cause.

In my opinion the best way for backporting would be to automatically
make a stable-backport for every package what's uploaded to sid and to
add it to the backports when it enters testing. But that's another
discussion. Was there such a discussion in the past?

With regards,
Paul.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl