mercurial backport failed to build - quilt backport required?

I just tried to install the mercurial 1.3.1 backport on a lenny/i386 system,
and got slightly confused when the package wasn't found (since I'd just
installed it on amd64).. Turns out that only the amd64 package is available.

According to the buildd log[0], the automated builds failed due to the required
version of quilt not being available:

    After installing, the following source dependencies are still unsatisfied:
    quilt(inst 0.46-6 ! >= wanted 0.46-7)

This suggests that someone needs to backport the newer version of the quilt
package to make it available for building these backports.. -7 is the
version that introduces support for "dh --with quilt", so I'd suspect it
would be quite useful to have backported.

[0] http://buildd.ayous.org/fetch.php?&pkg=mercurial&ver=1.3.1-1~bpo50%2B1&arch=i386&stamp=1249635584&file=log&as=raw
--
Chris Butler
<chrisb@debian.org>